Crafting update - 28/11/2016
Today is the day I officially announce the crafting update (sourcemod crafting system / shop / store).
After a year of coding/balancing/thinking its finally reached the point to make it post worthy.
I never wanted a store system, which gives you useless models/chat tags, or a system where you kill a guard and in chat it would say:
1 credit added for killing a guard
Because those are lazy ways to rewards players for their actions.
NOTE: the crafting system is not aimed at new players, but is there to reward long time players/regular players.
You can acquire loot in the following ways:
- Grabbing loot bags (killed guards drop them)
- Opening loot crates (called in by players)
- Playing on the server (you acquire coins by playing on the server)
Every kill on a guard will drop a loot bag, depending on the rarity of the loot bag, the contents will be either not much at all, or a butt load of loot.
The cleaner the kill, the better the loot.
- Junk (40% chance)
- Basic (20% chance)
- Fine (10% chance)
- Masterwork (10% chance)
- Rare (10% chance)
- Exotic (5% chance)
- Ascended (3% chance)
- Legendary (1% chance)
Example of lootbags:
Once you collect enough loot you can start crafting items.
The flow of crafting items goes as follows:
Raw > Refined > Parts > Items.
Everything you craft gets saved into your inventory, only when you access the items with sm_items, and select the item will the actual gun/item be given to you in game.
I could go into much detail how to acquire certain items, how some items work, but I'll leave that for you to explore.
The crafting system contains multiple currency types, such as:
- Loyalty coins (acquired by being on the server, yes going afk on the server will give you coins)
- Guard coins (acquired by playing on the guards team)
- Platinum coins (acquired by crafting them)
Since this was the final effort to fully remove stamm, all the stuff that came with stamm got removed, meaning you now have to buy your 110,120hp or your armor.
All your stamm points got converted into loyalty coins, which you can spend buying any of the available upgrades such as:
- 10 Armor
There are 2 airdrops available in game:
Both versions contain 10 kits consisting of a primary, secondary, armor, health shot, and some grenades.
The loot crate is the same as a care package but 10 people can claim loot from the package by 'defusing' it.
- Care package
- Loot crate
Example of a masterwork loot crate:
Example of a care package
Looting a loot crate
Advanced usage (binds)
Aside from the GUI menus there is support for crafting/item usage
by using console commands (to be used in binds)
sm_craftrecipe <Name>. Will initate the crafting of the specified recipe (WIP: multi crafting)
sm_activate <Name>. Will activate the given item from your inventory
sm_recipes <Name>. Will dump the list of supported recipes
sm_printrecipe <Name>. Will print the given recipe to your console.
Some recipes require a portable stove
Every round there spawns 1 portable stove in the map
Any prisoner can run upto it and grab it, First-come, first served
On avarage a portable stove has 20 uses
I would like to thank MrGibbyGibson & Popey for helping me brainstorm/balance out the crafting plugins
1 more thing:
Whoever makes a very clear, organised post/guide on how the crafting system work, will be awarded up to 50 free days. (and don't just quickly make it, it must be GOOD)
- Tons of screenshots
- Explain every detail on how the system works
- Explain and list every recipe
- Explain and list every upgrade
- Explain and list every item
- ... you get the point, it must be a very in-depth guide
- it can be a steam guide, html page, pdf, anything, as long as we can host it (or use steam guides)
TL:DR: someone that has never played CLWO jailbreak must be able to understand the crafting system by reading your guide
Other change log
- Fully removed Stamm
- Rebuild trivia system
- Increased trivia questions to 90
- Fixed an exploit when crafting illegal goods (Thanks Gibson)
- removed warnings for shooting bomb guys on specialdays (thanks junior)
- Fixed sm_delay / sm_d / sm_givemine / sm_mine / sm_ied / sm_bomb from failing when there was a healtshot in slot 5
- Rewrote the rebel core system